Re: [Harp-L] re: Little Walter and Lee Oskar

The reed profiles on the Marine Bands are different from the Tombos. I had switched to the Lee Oskars soon after they appeared on the market. I liked the replaceable plates and how consistent they were out of the box. They are also long lived. Add the special tunings and they are very attractive. I switched back to Hohners after I bought my first Filisko. Joe talked me into going with Hohner plates when I was buying a brass body. I slowly bought more Hohner based customs and as I did I began to appreciate the difference. Even stock I prefer the Hohner plates as long as they're on an airtight comb. fjm