[Harp-L] re: Little Walter and Lee Oskar

Tim wrote: "The Marine Band is a VERY different harmonica from the Lee Oskar,"

Is the Special 20 a Marine Band with a plastic comb or is it also a different beast?

Is there a Hohner model that is a Marine Band without the wooden comb or do I have to go custom?

I stopped playing Hohners years ago when quality control was awful. The Lee Oskars were just a superior instrument meaning louder, better set up, more consistent, with better longevity. I've been leery of switching because I have something that works. Think I might try a couple just for curiosity sake.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm