Re: [Harp-L] great music theory site

>Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 10:20:24 -0500 (EST)
>From: Garry Hodgson <garry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [Harp-L] great music theory site
>
>one of the recent posts on what sounds good vs. the Music Theory Police
>got me curious about the psychoacoustic basis of music theory.  while
>searching, i stumbled across some interesting online theory courses at
>cnx.org, including:
>8<
>i haven't been through all these yet, but they look promising.
>
>----
>Garry Hodgson

Hi,
 One of the best music theory sites I've found is Ricci Adam's
http://www.musictheory.net/
  Unfortunately it wasn't around when I first started to learn theory.
However after a very fustrating time trying to understand a number of dry
difficult theory books, my understanding lept ahead when I found two music
theory websites
http://www.mibac.com/Pages/Theory/Main_Theory.htm  and
http://www.musictheory.halifax.ns.ca/
  I've had a number of musicians, some playing for years, saying they're
the first explanations on theory they've actually understood.  At the time,
that was certainly the case for me.
Cheers,
-- G.
http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/gonjazz.html