[Harp-L] wasn't me

I haven't sent anyone anything that could be remotely construed as
administrative in weeks.  I'd beg to differ with J Compton.  Let's use
roundish numbers, 1500 subscribers (less in reality)  I bet I haven't sent
30 different people a note regarding content in over 3 yrs.  That's less
than 2% of the membership.

I do have a suggestion. If someone writes to the list and sys they're
leaving you feel they need to reconsider.  Please write them privately.
We're all handcuffed here.  I've been as frustrated as anyone else by this
necessary restraint on content.

Required reading for ALL subscribers,
http://harp-l.org/rules.html

It's all there, plain and simple.  I consult this document regularly.
e-mail lists do have a very steep learning curve.  This one is no
exception.  We have a culture and it's a very high context one.  I've
tried and failed miserably to fit into the culture of other e-mail lists.
It's hard stuff.  Meeting new people is always difficult for me especially
if they have an established way of interacting and relationships and
alliances.

By the way the more I do this, co-own a list, the less likely I am to
actually get involved in any of this day to day stuff.  I've gotten a lot
better at getting my sails out of other people's wind.  (says the man
commenting on a thread he should have just let slide on by)

So let me recap, no reiterate.  Read this document,
http://harp-l.org/rules.html

fjm harp-l-listowner