RE: [Harp-L] Help

Randy,(If you haven't gotten a reprimand from the list moderator at least once, then you either have very strong social awareness or you're living life...(your online life, that is)...*way* too safely.  I thought I was pretty good at maintaining an appropriate (albeit just barely at times) level of, well, appropriateness, but I too have been told something like my attempt at humor wasn't successful and my post added nothing to the discussion...oh, and it was too long.  That's a paraphrase, and possibly as little as 51% accurate...and for the record, I still think it was funny.  There's a pretty good chance this message will be rejected too, possibly for the exact same reasons.  Oh well.)

I hadn't noticed anything particularly offensive from you, but your last post prompted me to reconsider your most recent posts and I can definitely see some potential problem areas.

>         UUUUUU     Lighten up Beavis   Whassa matter, somebody p*ss in your  > D   harp?
Some people are very sensitive about their D harps.  Future references to hypothetical bad things happening to specific harp keys should be made only to an E harp...or if you're feeling particularly fiesty, perhaps a F harp.

>I'm glad I joined this list so I could hear other guys  talk like this. I >play sax too but played harp first so I play the sax like it's  a harp

Please be aware that any members of People Against Playing a Sax like it's a Harp Society that are also in this group would be understandably upset by this.  And don't forget the People Against Playing a Harp Like it's a Sax Society.  (Of course, your post was gleefully read by members of People Against People Against playing a Sax like it's a Harp Society.)

> I was prepared to make a big > deal outta taking my teeth out and putting  them on the mic stand if I had > too.

Seriously, that's just wrong...and you should know better...especially if you're borrowing a mic stand at a public jam or something.

> You may be a Redneck

As a partially-reformed Redneck myself, I could have almost been slightly offended by this post.

> I lud dat funk and a lot of times I play the note > to make a minor or 7th  even when I'm playing by myself without other horns.

Where do I start with this one.  First, misspelled words, even when done so intentionally for effect, just plain old offends me...and I'm not even going to elaborate on the rest of this sentence.

> for being put in prison for  two joints.

Drugs are bad, mmkay?  For some people, references to drugs are bad too.

I usually resist the urge to post the obligatory "please don't go" message to someone saying they're going to leave.  Not sure why I am this time.  Maybe I figure there's some kind of implied rotation within the group where everyone takes a turn with the obligatory response-type posts.  So, anyhow, please don't go.  (That should take care of my turn.)

HRC: One of my Christmas gifts was my first F harp.  At first, I hated this annoyingly high-pitched squeaky little thing...and then, unexplainedly...(pretty sure that's a made up word)..., I quickly fell in love with it.  Anyone else have this reaction to the F?  Are there any other keys or harp-related things that are either love it or hate it for you?

Jonathan "marginally on topic, almost too lengthy" Compton
St. Charles MO USA