Subject: [Harp-L] Harmonizing (was On the Road Again,,and again)

Ron writes (quoting Bob):

"Bob asks:
>> > Anyone have any examples of some  great  harponizing? (This word, my  own
>> >  invention, means two  harmonicas harmonizing.) I don't mean just
jamming
together,
>>  > but really working out an  effective harmony?

Charlie McCoy's early albums had terrific harp  harmonizing, tho all tracks
were Charlie overdubbing.   Check his website.  His album with the harp  in
the
hotdog  bun is still a desert island disk.  Till I heard that, i   thought i
hated country western music!
ron  - FL Keys, 80  degrees"

...I'm with you, Ron...my liking for certain Country is limited,  except for
Charlie McCoy...he's an outrageously good harmonicist and I  can't get enough
of listening to his Orange Blossom Special...especially  that Youtube version
we were privy to some time back.  Even at normal  speeds he's astonishing to
watch...and yes it is lovely harmony....though  I do think the original thread
was more about "duets" ....two harmonica  players managing to play well
together without cutting heads.

I sure hope Smokey and I manage to achieve something of a sort next  time we
manage to be in the same place at the same time....since he so  generously
wants to let me take lead while he provides backup, with Wally  again -  if we
can all work it out.....the sign of a very cool person  with no ego to prove....
I'd rather it be more of a true chromatic duet....hoping we can find  the
right piece of music to work on long distance. We shall see....   :)

Elizabeth
LI,  NY