Re: [Harp-L] RE: Playin' with false teeth

On Jan 1, 2007, at 8:40 PM, BiscuitBoy714@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 1/1/2007 6:32:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, leone@xxxxxxxx writes:

That's  where I have an advantage. Since my accident, I wear false
teeth.  :)
smo-joe

Really? You really have false teeth? I'm gonna have to get some, I'm having
surgery on my mouth Wednesday. They tell me I'll be able to play sax too. But
if I can still play harp like I can now I'll take that. It's the biggest
reason I have let things go so long now, I couldn't play with my mouth all
messed up so I just didn't.

I was in a fatal helicopter crash and needed plastic surgery, My face was smashed. Then, a couple years later, I was in a prison riot, was hit with a metal chair, and again had my jaw shattered. I have pins & wires holding it together. I can't get 'posts' because of it, can't brace against the bottom plate, and had to give up cornet. I take my teeth out to play. It DOESN't affect sax or harp.

Well I have the time now. I was prepared to make a big
deal outta taking my teeth out and putting them on the mic stand if I had
too.

No, don't do that. It grosses people out. Slip up to the mic without the teeth and hope no one notices. I can play with the teeth in but prefer to take them out.
smo-joe

That'd be a hell of a way to have a hook wouldn't it? I'd rather not so
it's good to know, not playin' would be the only other alternative and that's
outta the question.
Randy