Re: [Harp-L] On the Road Again,,and again

In a message dated 1/1/2007 3:26:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
leone@xxxxxxxx writes:

Same  here, I was on harmony on tunes he played on.

> Oh, here's a  shock.  I play saxophone too, and know what a horn
>  section
> does.  And I treated the harp as just another  horn.

Same here. I have played sax (sop & ten only) clar &  cornet

    I'm glad I joined this list so I could hear other guys  talk like this. I
play sax too but played harp first so I play the sax like it's  a harp
sometimes and visa versa. I even learned some of the harp parts on  Bloodshot on the
sax and some Mayall stuff too. Harmonica never fails me but  when some guitar
player I'm playin' with wants to control me and have me sit  down for a few I
just play something else like sax or guitar. Harp players don't  get any
respect sometimes. Yall know as well as I do that the harp gets  just as much
crowd response as the guitar does. What's up with that?
               Randy