Subject: [Harp-L] For those who live in the Bay Area...

"BobbyG"   :) writes:

"Message: 3
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 23:59:27 -0800
From: "Robert  Gaustad" <robertgaustad@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

...and for those whom I  met in Denver at the last SPAH, I just want you to
know that I just  finally opened my pizzeria in Berkeley. It's called Bobby
G's  Pizzeria.  My website for the restaurant is  www.bobbygspizzeria.com.

I want to extend to all my harp-l friends  a 10% discount on food, any time.
If you live in the area or just visit  the San Francisco Bay Area, you've got
a discount.  And I don't  want to sound arrogant, but I think we make some of
the best pizza  around.  But you'll have to try it and let me know.   I'm
really hoping I can get some east coasters to come around so we can  debate
the finer points of pizza.

But, hey...harp content.   We'll soon be featuring live acoustic blues in the
restaurant and my  goal is to feature my favorite instrument, the harmonica,
as much as  possible.  I want to make my place a destination for  blues
harmonica players.  I can't put it any plainer than  that...I'm supporting
the harp in my restaurant so let's have some  fun.

My limitation is that I'll only be able to have acoustic blues  (once I get
past the permit process), or VERY low amplified  blues.  But I think it's
perfect.  Kimball's Jazz Club is  supposed to move down the street from us
(about 200') into the old UC  Theater in Berkeley so I'm hoping that will
help improve the  entertainment on our street.  With my acoustic blues and
their  jazz club, it might kick the place up a bit.

Robert  Gaustad

PS - I know I said I was supporting "blues harmonica"  players...but that's a
bunch of bull.  Although our place is more  of an acoustic blues joint, I
would also love to hear jazz, bluegrass,  folk, and classical harmonica being
played.  I'd love to have  somebody like Winslow Yerxa come by and play
harmonica...after eating a  great pizza.  That would make it a cool place."

......VERY cool news, Robert.  It was great meeting you in  Denver.  Somehow
I was under the mistaken impression that you had  already opened....so I'm
glad you clued us in now.  It'll be a while  before I can get out to your part of
the country, but I can certainly  recommend your place to friends who fly
frequently to SF.  Kudos to  you for realizing your dream...not many do.  Agree
that somebody like  Winslow coming by to play would sure make it even cooler
than "just  another Blues joint", but have you heard Winslow blow Blues on his
Chromatic?....he's a multi-faceted player. And I also agree with  Smo-Joe
about playing first, eating second..  Or perhaps install a  disposable
toothbrush/toothpaste dispenser for harp players?....  especially if your pizza's as good
as you claim  <G>

Elizabeth