Re: [Harp-L] On the Road Again,,and again

On Jan 1, 2007, at 1:00 PM, Splash wrote:

I play'd a small venue, asked by the bass payer to come and 'jam'.

Same here. Asked by the drummer

The owner of the place HATES harmonica players.

Same here. But that's ok too, cause I hate sax players. (except for Michael Peloquin). Mama Cass (the live one) asked me just this morning "Who ever thought saxophone sounded good, it's nothing but noise?". To which I replied "Obviously Adolphe Sax"

He likes to play his saxophone sitting in with the band.

Same here. AND he plays 2 at one time.

Long story short... he said to me, "You're the first harp player I ever met
who gets it."

Same here. I was apprehensive going in, but he changed back in Dr. Jekyl.

I was playing like a member of a horn section. Working WITH him and what he
was doing.

Same here, I was on harmony on tunes he played on.

Oh, here's a shock. I play saxophone too, and know what a horn section
does. And I treated the harp as just another horn.

Same here. I have played sax (sop & ten only) clar & cornet

He thinks harp players aren't musicians, just noise-makers.

Same here. Meanwhile, he wasn't that good himself

I hope I did a little to change his opinion.

Same here. Wasn't going to post but this message was too too much 'Veja-Due' (veja-due is the feeling that this has never happened before and quite likely will never happen again)

smo-joe

PEACE
Scott