[Harp-L] How did my harp go out of tune?

Hey Folks!  Happy New Year!

I have a puzzler for you people.  I have a couple of Herring Vintage harps;
a G, A flat, A, and a D.  The A flat, A and the D are in my truck most of
the time as part of my little set of car harps.  I almost never play the D
as the D key and up are not my favorites to play. So, I pick it up during a
lunch break to play it and it is woefully out of tune.  I mean it really
sounds sick, not just sour octaves but really sour.  How did this happen?
I've never tuned or tweaked this harp at all other than an occasional
tightening of the reed plate screws (Vintages tend to loosen over time).  I
realize that it's outside and is subject to lots of temperature change but
this hasn't effected my other car harps so what gives?  Any input is
welcome.  Thanks.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh