Re: [Harp-L] The Revolutionary harp

Well, I, for one, applaud Gov. Blanchard for his embodiment of the true
American spirit that the harmonica represents. Ever since George
Washington played his harmonica on the veranda overlooking his
plantation at Mount Vernon, Americans have shown the foresight to
embrace the world's great inventions *before* they were invented
overseas, thus once again proving the historical inevitability of the
American way.

It must have been foreigners who painted all those the Revolutionary
war marching *fifes* and drums when it should have been harmonicas.

Winslow