Re: [Harp-L] JOHNNY PULEO and the HARMONICA GANG on You Tube

I think we have keep all this in perspective, yes it's shtick, but it's fun
and entertaining
and I think anyone who saw this back in 65' laughed their butts off as we
all did as we enjoyed it on You Tube. That is just the nature of Show Biz,
Yes their are select audiences that appreciate the MUSIC for MUSIC's
sake...but in general the the larger audience wants to be "entertained".
Does it take away from the musician who is up their making great music? I
don't think so...I think when audiences saw these Harmonica Groups, YES they
laughed BUT also admired the skill and musicianship of these great artists.

I agree with Ryan that these CATS can wail, but I don't think Dylan's use of
of Harmonica did us any harm, it is what it is. He also isn't very polished
on Guitar or Piano or Voice for that matter and I don't think those
instruments suffered any by him using them. Dylan is a POET & ARTIST first,
he used his Voice, Harp and Piano & Guitar to help "paint the picture" of
his masterpieces so to speak. He exposes our axe to Millions and then the
Millions take want they like or don't like and decide for themselves what is
valid in THEIR world.

Same Goes for Puleo, Popper, Toots, Stevie, Springsteen and anyone that puts
the 'tin sandwich' in their mouth!!!!,-)

As for those BAD cowboy films HURTING us? Nope, I feel just the
opposite...The Harmonica was called upon to paint a musical picture and I
venture to guess that Ennio Morricone might NOT have won that OSCAR last
week if it wasn't for his brilliant use of our instrument that is SO
memorable in his films which kind of took on the label "Spaghetti Westerns"
. One of my fans came up to me on one of my Jazz gigs a weeks ago and gave
me this article, I found it on line so here's the link, it's about Morricone
and his use of the Harmonica in Film etc..
http://www.opinionjournal.com/la/?id=110009605

anyway, just some thoughts, and thanks for YOU TUBE link...I'm still
laughing,-)
Love & Peace,
Rob Paparozzi

Check My Dates & Tunes and stuff!: