Re: [Harp-L] Mics?

> The Blues jr is a nice little amp the reverb sounds good crank the base and lower the mids feel out the sound
depending on the room you're in.  You may want to swap out one or two of the 12AX7 tubes for lower gain tubes like
12AY7's if you can find them.  This will alow you to increase the volume a little more before feedback.  JT30's are
great mics they are prety easy to cup tightly some people like to swap out the crystal element with either a controle
magnetic or controled reluctance element.  I have 3 of them one with each type of element and i use them for different
tone qualities or types of music i play. I also prefer some with other amps.
i think it's a good idea to go see other harp players and find a style and sound that you like and that you would like
to sound like. ask the guy or girl what they are using.  The nice thing about the blues is that you get to see some of
the best players in the world in very casual setting and even get to chat with them between sets.
Have fun and remeber this is just the begining finding the right sound and the perfect rig and mic is an ongoing quest
that can become quite consuming and addictive...not to mention expensive... have fun brother.