Re: [Harp-L] Re: Soaking A Hohner Marine Band

Am Montag, 26. Februar 2007 16:25 schrieb Garry Hodgson:

> i'm curious whether it's an cost issue.  special 20's use screws,
> and cost about the same as an MB.  does a wood comb cost more, so
> that cost is offset by using cheaper fasteners?  is it a marketing
> thing, to appeal to traditionalists?  or maybe it has to do with
> keeping clear differences between the MB and the MB deluxe.

It´s a marketing thing. If they put screws in the MB classic it
mecomes more attractive compared to the MBDL and more customers will
decide to buy the cheap MBC.
I can hardly believe that the sealed comb and a few screws cost $15
more than the nails and conventional comb, so hohner earns more
selling MBDL than selling MBC.
Thats all.
--
Gruß,Frank