Re: [Harp-L] Bashfully inquiring

On 21 Feb 2007 at 19:50, Doug Essinger-Hileman wrote:

> Without going into too much detail, my wife and I are planning on
> opening a "publick house" (though the name hasn't yet been determined)
> in the Philadelphia area, most likely in the area of
> Germantown/Manayunk/Roxboro/Conshohocken, as part of a non-
> denominational new church development.

[snip]

> given that this is a religious organization, there will be some limits
> placed on the type of music featured.
>
> With the background out of the way, the question. Are there any folk
> on this list who have experience in setting something like this up?
> Would be willing to play at such an event? Have any other helpful
> comments?

Having received only 1 reply, I am wondering if too many folk on this
list are not willing to play in a religious venue (perhaps thinking
that the limitations on the music might be to religious or gospel
music). Or if there aren't many folk in the Philly area, or willing
to travel there. Or if since folk don't know me there is a hesitance
to consider this. Or if the lack of responses are for some other
reason.

Doug