[Harp-L] cracked chrom body

I've just been given a 64Chromonica. It's in good condition except for a crack in the body that interferes with playing the notes on one hole.

I found one article in the archives about this with a response from Elizabeth. (http://harp-l.org/mailman/htdig/harp-l/2006-August/msg00132.html)

I'm adequately set up with tools and am comfortable working on diatonics. If I can fix this myself I'd like to.

So the question is: am I liable to succeed and if so, what's a good thing to try, and what are things I should watch out for? Is there any problem with removing and replacing the pins (nails) that hold the plates to the body?

Thanks,

John
Montreal