[Harp-L] Mark Hummel show, a review

I live in Albuquerque, NM, and we don't get much in the way of blues
performers or shows here. Imagine my excitement when my wife (reading the
paper) says, "are you interested in this Winter Blues Fest. Feature act is
someone called Mark Hummel." I almost fell over. After having her listen to
the cd's I have of Mark, we went to the show.
 Albuquerque Blues Connection, a local band that plays much of the
southwest, was playing when we got there. We have seen them 3 times before.
I like that they play almost all original songs. The harp was very hard to
hear (which has been the case every time I've seen them). Then came Mark and
Johnny Dyer. It was a great show! Some minor feedback, and Mark mentioned
the vocal mics were shocking them and needed to be properly grounded. But
the harp was right out front sound wise, and the playing of course awesome.
I had the time of my life. I hope the piano that didn't get to the show and
the grounding problems, etc don't dissuade him or other performers from
coming to our town. I recommend Mark and Johnny's show, good energy and the
band was TIGHT! I sensed that the show was being changed a bit as they went
and had a guest guitarist that was going to be on with his band after
Mark's. You would think they had all been doing this exact show for years.

OK, gotta go practice, I've been inspired. :-)

Shawn Williams