[Harp-L] The truth about The Civil War

In 1999 I got called to play chromatic and diatonic harmonica in the orchestra of the Broadway show "The Civil War" at the St. James Theatre. Every night (and I mean EVERY night) the North won and the slaves were freed.  Although nominated for the Tony, it lost and quickly closed.  It toured and is now playing every summer in Gettysburg PA under the name "The Glory".  Although I did not play the tour, they recorded me playing around 5 licks and my recordings played the tour.

  Anyway, I recommend forgetting about the truth and promoting the rumor that everyone in Civil War times played the harmonica.  That way we get hired for the movie soundtracks, etc.

  Michael Rubin
  Michaelrubinharmonica.com