Re: [Harp-L] Theory, etc. - history of positions

INteresting, that 22,000 figure. Higher than I would have thought, but
note also that it is postwar, the same year that Hohner started
commercial exportation to the U.S.

Again, *if* all 22,000 harps had come to the U.S. between 1860 and
1864, and *if* they had all ended up in the hands of Civil War
soldiers, that would have brought the ratio down to one for every 160
or so soldiers.

WInslow