Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Monkees/Manson Re: filled with performers

Michael writes:

"couldn't let this slide:

>oh, and Charles Manson also  unsuccessfully auditioned for a  part.

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/monkees.htm#manson

harp  content--duh-train song!

Michael Peloquin
_http://www.harpsax.com_ (http://www.harpsax.com)

...I LOVE _www.snopes.com_ (http://www.snopes.com.....it's)  it's where I  go
all the time to debunk the ridiculous claims made in the extremely  annoying
emails I'm inundated with by otherwise well-meaning friends  who are either
overly zealous in their attempts to convert me to  their way of thinking,
religiously or politically, or who  might actually believe Andy Rooney/George Carlin
or  other famous people  really utter racist/homophobic/biased/ethnic rants.
It's  so simple (takes about 2 minutes tops)  to check them before
forwarding on to "10 of your friends".  It's a great site just to  read for fun too.
Debunks most of the contemporary "myths".

If enough of us checked these emails against the Snopes site and sent  the
real story back to our friends who forward on the faked  stories, we might
eventually reduce the huge amount of junk in all of our  inboxes.
Harp content?  I can hardly find my harp-l digest in  between all the junk!
<G>

Elizabeth

http://www.aol.com.