Re: [Harp-L] cleaning harps after illness?

I've cleaned mine after being sick with denture tablets.

John

b2becom@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
It occurred to me as I was well into my second week of a particularly potent "Andromeda strain" of cold/flu virus going around that I didn't recover as fast as my wife did from the same thing. Aside from her being way tougher than I, the only difference was that she wasn't sucking on harmonicas during her illness. I wasn't playing very much, but whenever I felt like it and was reasonably able. I find it hard not to play for even a day and had a gig coming up on the next weekend and needed to see if I could suffer through or had to cancel as the gig date approached. I eneded up playing... rather poorly, but made it through, and then continued being sick.

My limited understanding of medical germ theory is that you can't reinfect yourself after you have fought a bug off and had it run its course. Am I delusional? should I clean my harps? a soak in the tub? with what, alcohol? Is this why the bug has dragged on now for almost two weeks? Any docs out there with advice.

--