[Harp-L] Harp on the Cover of Jazz Education Journal

I received my latest copy of Jazz Education Journal (IAJE Member publication) in the mail yesterday. To my surprise there was a historical photo on the cover that had Bob Geldray playing harmonica with Django Reinhardt & Louis Vola, (bassist who was a founding member of the Hot Club) and Rex Stewart (trumpet from Duke's band). Duke Ellington is sipping some wine and looking on!

Max Geldray:
http://www.geocities.com/artdaane/geldray.htm

I just found a link to the photo!:
http://www.hotclub.co.uk/gypsyworld/index.php?title=Image:Django_Duke_Vola.JPG

The year of the harmonica indeed.

Michael Peloquin
http://www.harpsax.com
Come check me out on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/harpsax

Want a degree but can't afford to quit? Top school degrees online - in as fast as 1 year http://forms.nextag.com/goto.jsp?url=/serv/main/buyer/education.jsp?doSearch=n&tm=y&search=education_text_links_88_h288c&s=4079&p=5116