Re: [Harp-L] Re: Music leanring and that something special

Winslow Yerxa escribis:
--- Haka Harri <harri.haka@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Winslow and all,
<snip>
Training, studies and practicing are definitely worthwhile and always
improve your playing. They can bring you from a C student to B+ or
even A-. But to be A+, you gotta have that something special which is
really hard to define. Think of your favorite players. How many of
them got there based only on intensive musical studies and
understanding theory? I dare say that not one.

Harri

Paco de Lucma is another good example of that "something special" a musician ought to have when he's far from learning music theory: he doesn't know how to read and he can hardly write. I will not comment on his guitar abilities here, from classic to flamenco he's one of the best.

Fernando Toral