Re: [Harp-L] Blues Travelers debut album

Still remember where I was the first time I heard that CD - Sophomore year
in college - first semester - early...playing frisbee in the quad...just
trying to catch a buzz and enjoy the afternoon....someone put that on in
their window and blasted it out at us...I remember being very disturbed -
I'd never heard anything like that kind of playing before.  It was my first
hint that there might be more to plaing harp than copying Born in Chicago
note for note. Blues Traveler came and did a free show at our little college
a couple months later...nonone had ever heard of them at that point...who
knew that 16-17 years later, grown men and women would still be getting all
upset in every way about some overweight wannabe-hippy prep school kid
playing a children's toy....and I sure as heck don't mean me....I went to
public school....

It's their best album in my opinion...their most melodic, funky...and
certainly groundbreaking.

- Blake

On 2/18/07, Garry Hodgson <garry@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Got a chance to listen to the first Blues Travelers CD. Wow. The first
> tune, "But Anyway" is just astounding harp work. I've heard it before
> but never got a chance to really sit down and listen to it. I have
> stuck in in my top ten harp solo list. Reminds me a lot of real early
> Larry  Coryell.

blues traveler and john popper fans should note that both are now
on the Live Music Archive:

http://www.archive.org/details/BluesTraveler
http://www.archive.org/details/JohnPopper

the latter is for popper's non-BT projects.

---- Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.