Re: [Harp-L] What is the best position to stand relative to an amp to avoid feedback?

Good question.  The best place to stand to avoid
feedback is in the next room from your amp.  8^)

It's always a delicate dance between reducing feedback
and hearing yourself play.  Some nights I gotta run all
over the stage looking for the non-feedback spot.
Other nights are easy.  There are too many variables
to consider.

I play a small open-back tube amp which sits on the floor.
I like to stand a few feet away from it, to the side.
I mic it and put a little bit into the monitor mix so I
and my bandmates can hear me.   Most of the time
this works great; other times not so much.  Depends
on the room characteristics.

A pedal will increase your feedback if it introduces
gain (or boosts the highs) in your signal.  I have not
had a feedback problem with my Ibanez AD9
Analog Delay pedal, which I just got BTW.

There ain't no way to defeat feedback if you are
mic'ing with a bullet into an amp.  You will always
be setting your max volume right before feedback;
right before it starts to ring.  It doesn't matter if you
play an expensive Boo-Teek amp or a ratty old
Fender like mine.  Feedback is always a struggle.