[Harp-L] improving the harmonica

Fair do's Tim...maybe not pearwood,but the cherry wood is nice.

I bought some from a guy in Italy and they are brilliant.  Your right
though, the plastic used on the GM combs is really bad for splintering.   That's a
pet pet peeve for me too.

Al.

     I agree that the comb is the shortcoming of the  Golden Melody --
although they are plastic, the quickly start to crack and  flake -- but
PLEASE no pearwood!  I have dealt with quite enough crappy  Marine Band
combs in my day to wish that on my precious GMs.  I'd be  happy with a
plastic comb made from a decent plastic that doesn't  self-destruct in a
few months.

-tim