Re: [Harp-L] improving the harmonica (SBS harps)

For an interesting alternative check out the Seydel Solist Pro 12. It also has the "two lower ends" of the diatonic harp, but is small enough to feel in your mouth just like a 10 hole harp, and feels almost that small in your hands too, so it plays very comfortably. Available now in LC and LA, it combines the low octave harp with a "normal" diatonic (like a regular A, or C, harp starts on hole number 4 and goes on up, so it is missing hole #10 of a regular harp). It will eventually be available in all keys.
http://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Seydel/Categories/Products/Blues/Solist_Pro_12&PageSize=50

This should open up the website in English, and the US$, which you should always be able to get to manually by clicking in the upper right corner on the "english" or "US$" icons. If you do encounter any problems with the website please contact me as we are trying to sort everything out so it works well for North America. Thanks! Rupert

Rupert Oysler
www.harprepair.com

Ken Hildebrand wrote:
The Hohner 365 Steve Baker Special (SBS)
has 14 holes where holes 1 to 3 duplicate
the tuning of the holes 1 to 3 on a regular 10-hole
diatonic, then holes 4 to 13 are like a regular
10-hole diatonic.

This means that holes 1-3 are pitched
an octave lower than hole 4-6, but the same playing
pattern exists with the same available bends like the
holes 1-3 on a normal 10-hole diatonic harp.

Hole 14 is pretty useless...
I've been thinking about sticking a duck qwacker in
hole 14!

The SBS harps come in keys A, G, Low C, Low D, and Low
F.

They are pretty cool harps, but take some getting use
since they are a bigger than a regular 10-hole harp.

Here's a link:

http://coast2coastmusic.com/cgi-bin/cart/HH365SBS.html

Ken in OH

--- BiscuitBoy714@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 2/15/2007 12:53:51 P.M. Eastern