Re: [Harp-L] RE: Bending intonation...the regular kind

In a message dated 2/15/2007 2:11:02 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

If  you disagree, please provide the goods, i.e. a recording that
demonstrates  that your bent and overblown notes sound just like the unaltered tones.
If you can't do that, then you ain't got the goods.

Regards, Richard  Hunter

       I agree with what Richard on most  of this and I don't want to start
the snowball on it's roll down the hill  but I just gotta say, at what point
will this perfection of hitting notes that  are true end? The nuances of the
harmonica is what's cool about it. I know  for me (this is just me) when I'm
playing for the love of it (most of the time)  I never pay any attention to if the
not I bend is spot on or not. Given a decent  ear and being as diligent as
you can about practice for years, most of us when  it comes down to just laying
back and grooving, naturally hit the right notes  without even thinking about
it. If I wanted to be EXACTLY, dead on, with the  note that I'm playing as
soon as it is played I'd just play more keyboards.Trust  you ear I say.
        Love your harp and it will love  you back
               Randy