VS: [Harp-L] Timbre, pitch, intonation

Winslow and all,

Not criticizing musical teaching in any way I wanted point out (as I have in previous posts) that in truly good harp playing, nothing can replace a feeling and a talent for this particular art. I believe the same goes for any kind of music and all instruments.

Training, studies and practicing are definitely worthwhile and always improve your playing. They can bring you from a C student to B+ or even A-. But to be A+, you gotta have that something special which is really hard to define. Think of your favorite players. How many of them got there based only on intensive musical studies and understanding theory? I dare say that not one.

Harri