Re: [Harp-L] Jazz standards on the Diatonic: I got it Bad

Don't get around much anymore - Good one, Dan!

Another good one - a slinky, suggestive ballad this time - is "I got it
bad and that ain't good".

The melody lies beautifully in second position with liberal and sensual
use of bends in the first three holes, and only one overblow, near the
end of the chorus. Listen to Johnny Hodges' fluid alto on the original
mid-1930s recording for inspiration .

Also check out the Ivie Anderson vocal on that track with the original,
uncensored lyric: "and when the week is over / and Friday rolls around
/ My man and I we gin some / and pray some / and . . sin some" - much
better than the published lyric about crying one's heart out and no
mention of a partner.

Winslow