Re: [Harp-L] Jazz standards on the Diatonic and country too

In a message dated 2/14/2007 10:55:40 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
lcharmonica@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Why limit yourself?  You can play all jazz standards if you hold two
diatonics together and play them at the same time.  I've been doing it  for about 8
or 9 months now.  If I can do it I am sure anyone can do  it.  No limits on
song selections...no difficult bends or  blows

       I used to hold 2 harps and play them  quite a bit when I was doing
country. It's pretty easy after you do it a while.  If I can do it, you can do it
bro. I can't remember the songs really 'cause I  really wasn't in to it, I
was doing it just to be playin' and make a little  money. Actually country pays
better than blues most of the time, I wish it  wasn't so. The only time I ever
made GOOD money playin' blues was at festivals.  What's up with that? that
reminds me of something I wanted to ask yall.  Have you ever played with a
fiddle/violin player and found yourself doing the  same notes as the fiddle? It
seems that the harp and fiddle end up in the same  octave and even the same notes
a lot. Well, I guess if your using pentatonic  licks it's only natural, When
I did country I just played blues licks and paid  more attention to the chord
changes and the rythm. Watermelon Crawl and Boot  Scootin' Boogie remix both
had a harp lead played in the blues style anyway. I  do remember those two.
         Peace Love and the  Nashville numbers system
              Randy