[Harp-L] Bending intonation...the regular kind

Mike Fugazzi wrote:
>Any tips for working on bending intonation?  I can hit
the available 2 and 3 (all three) bends in pitch, but
I don't like my intonation<snip>I think I have a "blues" intonation where I tend to wail on the bends.  That's usually perfect for the stuff I play, but after hearing some of the jazz cats, I'd like to have better control.<

To which Alex replied with some very good advice on how to make the alterd notes 'sound' closer to the regular notes.

Have you considered the reverse aproach, making the standard notes wail like the bent ones?

Can hear the difference between the blow & the draw notes?

It may not be a direct answer to your question but I think it's an aspect worth considering.

Hope this helps
Mox

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_fr.php?id=1835398