Re: [Harp-L] re: Loud extreme amps

Eventually, those willing to embrace new technology, forget everything that used to be the "rules" in regards to sound reinforcement, and willing to spend some $, will discover what I have - the BOSE PAS System. Mic'ing a small wonderful sounding harmonica amp (or using direct out as Brian has in his HarpGear line) and using the BOSE to put the sound in the air eliminates all the problems and complaints that have existed to this point in regards to harmonica/vocal sound reinforcement on the gig.

I am bringing this concept forward to concerts/shows that I promote and/or participate in and friends of mine that are major touring/recording artists in the hopes that more will get turned on to what totally excites me in concept and execution.

The Iceman

On 2/12/07, Mike Fugazzi <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have to brag here! I play in a blues rock band. We
> only play loud enough to hear ourselves over the
> drums.
>
> Our guitar player has a 22w Deluxe Reverb RI and he
> plays it on 7 no matter where we play. That's too
> loud you say!?!?!?! Not when you have an attenuator
> (usually bringing it down to 5w)!!!
>
> I just picked up a Double Trouble amp from Brian Purdy
> at Harp Gear. It was plenty loud for my band!
>
> I usually use a Bassman, not cranked however. We
> don't play quietly...we're a full on electric four
> piece, but we get a lot of comments about how much
> better our volume levels are then other rock bands.
>
> I hate monitors as they always sound like crap for
> harp, and they usually feedback (unless we do our own
> sound).
>
> Mike Fugazzi
> http://www.myspace.com/mikefugazzi
> http://www.niterail.com
>
> "Music should be healing; music should uplift the soul; music should
> inspire. There is no better way of getting closer to God, of rising higher
> towards the spirit, of attaining spiritual perfection than music, if only it
> is rightly understood."
> -Hazrat Inayat Khan

-- Blake Taylor
http://46long.com