Re: [Harp-L] magic dick gear

In a message dated 2/13/2007 8:34:15 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
wmharps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

When  I saw the J. Geils Band in 1973, Dick was playing a JT-30 through
a  blackface Princeton Reverb.

When I saw the J geils band in Cleveland in  75 I saw the J Geils band blow
the Rolling Stones completely off of the stage.  Jagger's voice was real ragged
out and Keith could hardly stand up. Billy  Preston was playing keys and he
was the best sounding guy in the Rolling Stones  that day. Anyway, I took four
harps with me to play along with the J Geils band,  and I was so enamored that
I completely forgot about the harps in my girlfriends  purse. I couldn't even
tell you what Magic Dick was wearing or what amp he  was using. I was
watching my biggest hero of the time. When they did House Party  100,000 people were
dancing. The next time I saw them I was rippin' right along  with 'ole Dicky
though. I don't know how I didn't make mad the  people around me, but they were
all cool about it.
        Randy