Re: Jason Ricci Acoustic? (and Brand/model tangent) (was RE: [Harp-L] Re: Loud extreme amps)

J Compton <jofjltn4@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perfect timing.  Just this morning, while listening to a Jason Ricci song on XM,
> I made a note to look for clips of him playing acoustically.

check out the version of Sonja from 12/10/2006 at:
http://www.archive.org/details/jrnb2006-12-10.flac16

then check out this show:
http://www.archive.org/details/jrnb2006-03-11.flac16
he plays acoustic during solos in various songs, including Driftin' Blues,
Amazing Grace, and Blue And Lonesome.  the B&L is incredible.

> Thanks,
> Jonathan "is still considering switching to kazoo" Compton

is that a wood or plastic kazoo?  tube or solid state amp?  how was the
kazoo switching done in that recording of Runaway?  does tone come from
the kazoo or the player?

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.