Re: [Harp-L] some videos (not youtube) of many brazillian harp players in the release of the 7th gaita-list (harp-list) CD

Leonardo Kenji Shikida wrote:

> In a few days, there will be another festival, this time, only for
> pros, guest star RJ Mischo :-)

Tonight i had a talk with Flavio Guimarães on the phone, one of the organizers
of that festival, he told me about that and how busy he is now since he came
back from Recife.
I met him in October, when i've been over there in Rio de Janeiro, (i'm from
Germany) and he was a very nice and generous guy - he let me sit in with his
Rio based "Rio Dynamite Band" on three gigs, invited me to his house and we
had lots of good, deep talk.

And he is not only a real tone monster - his playing is also very tasty and he
really digs the mood of a song. I have two of his CD's, one of them with the
Sao Paulo based "Prado Blues Band", very vintage sounding, swinging like
crazy (one of my absolute favorite CD's), and one with his "Blues Etilicos",
a mix of so many influences, Rock music, brazilian stuff, was a completely
new approach to harmonica for me.

Probably in April he will have a new CD out with a lot of Muddy Waters
covers... Whenever one of you US guys has the chance to meet and hear him -
do it, or pick up a CD! It's worth every penny!

See ya,
Ralf