[Harp-L] re: Loud extreme amps

I have to brag here!  I play in a blues rock band.  We
only play loud enough to hear ourselves over the
drums.

Our guitar player has a 22w Deluxe Reverb RI and he
plays it on 7 no matter where we play.  That's too
loud you say!?!?!?!  Not when you have an attenuator
(usually bringing it down to 5w)!!!

I just picked up a Double Trouble amp from Brian Purdy
at Harp Gear.  It was plenty loud for my band!

I usually use a Bassman, not cranked however.  We
don't play quietly...we're a full on electric four
piece, but we get a lot of comments about how much
better our volume levels are then other rock bands.

I hate monitors as they always sound like crap for
harp, and they usually feedback (unless we do our own
sound).

Mike Fugazzi
http://www.myspace.com/mikefugazzi
http://www.niterail.com

"Music should be healing; music should uplift the soul; music should inspire. There is no better way of getting closer to God, of rising higher towards the spirit, of attaining spiritual perfection than music, if only it is rightly understood."
-Hazrat Inayat Khan

Have a burning question?