[Harp-L] Re: equipment vs talent

Garry wrote:
> "Haka Harri" <harri.haka@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > A good player never sounds bad no matter what harp, mike or amp.
> > And if you don't have it, no amount of reverbs, pedals or whatever
> > will get you there.
>
> while i don't disagree with the above, i'm puzzled at what
> prompted it.
> has anyone here suggested otherwise?
>
> the most recent gear discussion was in response to a direct,
> specific question:
> if fender were to produce a new amp specifically for harp,
> what features would
> you want in it?  we got a few answers naming features, and
> several along the
> lines of "there are too many amps already", "just buy a
> custom", "practice harder,
> and your gear won't matter".
>
> is it any wonder no large vendors produce harp amps?
>

> ----
> Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

My comment was not prompted by the recent discussion on fender amps. And as I also said in my post, I think this is a list where harp eqipment, including amps, should be discussed.

The point, once more said, is that the right equipment is what helps to make a good musician sound better. But the first and foremost key to good music is the musician and his/her skills.

Still interested to read about any kind of equipment, though.

:-) Harri