Re: Re: [Harp-L] French Canadian Harp Players

"James" <wasabileo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> real " as in "real coffee" is (my definition) where you go to a neighborhood
> (somewhere in Montreal or anywhere in Quebec) and you order Cafe au lait and
> a person takes the milk and slowly applies steam until it produces a
> homemade "froth" as opposed to using some mix. The coffee is a dark roast
> that is strong but not biter. (bitter means the beans were burned and/or the
> beans were not removed after it was made and the acids from the beans
> leached into the coffee. Also a "real coffee house" is unique and not
> homogonized product that you can get anwhere else as we are all unique. I
> hope that helps. Fell free to take issue with me definition.
> Is John Popper a "real" harp player?

well, let's see...he is homemade, not from a mix.  his playing is strong but
not bitter (though some of his detractors seem to be).  and his style is
a unique and not homogenized product that you can get anywhere else.
so yeah, i guess he's a real harp player.

glad we have *that* settled.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.