[Harp-L] the new Filisko & Noden Live CD

The new Filisko & Noden Live CD is outstanding!

For years Joe Filisko has been diligently studying the techniques of the blues harmonica players who recorded back in the 1920s, 1930s and 1940s such as Gwen Foster, Walter “Red” Parham, Johnny Woods, Daddy Stovepipe, Will Shade, John Lee “Sonny Boy” Williamson, and Sonny Terry. And Joe didn’t just learn a few licks, he mastered these styles. I think of him as a master linguist who doesn’t just know a few phrases in several foreign languages but has become completely fluent in multiple languages. Thank you Joe, for preserving so many of these all-but-lost harmonica techniques.

And thanks to Joe’s partner, Eric Noden, who is carrying on the sounds of the old blues guitar playing masters.

I highly recommend this CD. Put it on, sit back, and enjoy some beautifully recorded wonderful old-time music free from the omnipresent hiss of the old 78 rpm records.

Peter Madcat Ruth
madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.madcatmusic.net