[Harp-L] Re: Playing harmonica in a rack

Says Gary Lehmann:  "of course, I was dressed like a
pirate."

Of course.  Goes without saying, says I.

Says Gary: "This band gave me my start" -

'Twas Captain Moore of the Flying Cloud gave me my
start, damn his eyes, say I.

Gary:  "the bandleader encouraged
me
to buy a rack and bring harmonicas because I was
replacing a guy who
did
that."

The poor swab was hanging in some gibbet, no doubt -
or were he swappin' yarns with Davey Jones?

Gary:  "I never liked a rack;"

Nor was't my favoured form of relaxation -

Gary:  "it still poses certain difficulties, and of
course hand effects are attractive."

Aye, especially be one hand a hook -

Gary:  "Still, there is a certain power in
being
able to play guitar and harp at the same time."

And still more in being able to keep a dagger clamped
in yer teeth and wave a cutlass and/or fire a pistol
all at once, while staying upright on yer peg-leg.

"I am reminded of last week's Traintime thread--"

And I'm reminded of my days on the Spanish Main -

"it's all about the song,
not
the distinct parts."

Aye, matey, let's have that ditty again, the one about
the bottle of rum.  We'll leave the distinct parts of
piracy to them other swabs to sort out ...

- thurg

Need Mail bonding?