[Harp-L] Re: New fender amp coming soon.

i don't know much about current amps, so i've got no idea if any of
this is feasible or not.  but here're some thoughts of what i'd like in an amp.
this from the viewpoint of an intermediate level player.

it's gotta be loud enough to be heard over dueling guitarists when
the need arises.

i need to be able to use that volume without worrying about feedback.
feedback resistance, or even anti-feedback circuitry, would be good.

it'd be nice to be able to effect the kind of tone  changes one gets from
tube swaps by turning dials instead of swapping hardware.

it should have simple controls that relate not to the physical details of
the amp's construction, but to the desired effects on tone.  like direct
control over crunch, grittiness, early breakup, etc.

it'd be light enough that i wouldn't risk injury getting it out of my car.

it'd be nice if it accepted hi-z and lo-z mic inputs, so i wouldn't need
adapters.  if it allowed both at the same time, i could switch between
a bullet and a fireball for different sounds.

and while i know this is heresy, my ultimate amp would be solid state,
but with sound indistinguishable from that "tube" sound y'all know and love.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.