[Harp-L] Tasty harp, circa 1979

--Here's a clip of Johnny Winter's band, with the bassist doubling on
neck-rack harp, with some plastic gizmo surrounding. Not bad for racked harp,
whilst playing along on  bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyxsH1ybEuA

Bob

Johnny Winter's rack-harp/bassist in this clip is Jonny Paris, who used to
play bass in my old band in NYC some 30 years ago.  Recently, he's been
gigging in the downstairs lounge at B.B. King's club in New York.  I took  Mitch
Weiss down there to jam a while back, and Mitch played a killer version of
"Black Magic Woman" on his CX-12--nailing the riff without ever having played it
before, I might add...It's not a jam set-up per se, but Jon's a big fan of
other  harp players and welcomes talented ones to sit in.  Never a great
technician by any means, Jonny epitomizes the kind of harp-player who can  transcend
his lack of monster chops by knowing how to work a room--a subject I  feel is
too rarely touched on in this forum.

Peace and Respect
Johnny T