-----Original Message-----
From: mmolino54@xxxxxxxxxxx

Iceman,
I know you are not the one who iniated the "pattern player" post, but like another poster, I too am curious: what does this phrase mean? If you repeat a riff, you have created a pattern, right? My music and harmonica knowledge is limited, though I know the most boring music is that which repeats without ever changing the pattern, and some of the most interesting are those which use patterns, but break them subtely or rearrange them in interesting ways.

Also, I've only been on the list for 6 months or so, but I've heard you mention a few times what sound like some very interesting approaches to teaching--do you ever share specifics or are these trade secrets so to speak?

-Marc Molino