Subject: Playing at SPAH was (Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Train Time)

Smo-Joe writes in response to my post:

Dear Liz. When I heard about your apprehension of playing at a
festival, I remember offering to stand up there with you, and that  we
could line up a chord and bass player. Well, I didn't have to  hear
but 6 notes, and knew that I was going to have an easy time  doing
harmony. There are a lot of players whom are blazingly  fast. There
are others who can handle excruciatingly difficult  pieces. But when
it comes to pleasant, that's where you fit in.  Some players go
through the motions but don't put in the  feeling. I think that partly
because you were scared and wanted  desperately to do a decent job
that your quivering actually  BECAME vibrato. Please don't loose that
innocence. I look  forward to playing with you again.
jo-jo"

"On Feb 6, 2007, at 12:12 AM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

>  Smo-Joe writes in response to my post:
>
> " I was able to  play Robert Bonfiglio's version of Sleepwalk on  my
> >  chromatic
> > within a couple of tries the first day I heard  it  on his CD....
> > but I assure
> > you I don't  sound remotely as good as  him, and never will.
>
> I  happened to like your version. I thought it had heart. And heart  is
> something I don't hear a lot of lately.
>  smo-joe
>
> ....wow.  Coming from the "Featured Artist"  on Slidemeister  this
> is very nice indeed.   Thanks, Smo-Joe...much appreciated.  You sure
> make a  newcomer to this world feel better about always trying to
>  play "with feeling".
>
> Elizabeth"

.....and again, thank you.  Hey...I'll take "pleasant".  A  lot better than
"unpleasant" <G>

If it wasn't for your and Mike Runyan's pushing and encouragement, I  never
would have managed to get past the tremendous stage fright  enough to get up on
stage...and having YOU there to back me up as well as  Wally was the biggest
part of it...being flanked by two such  great players made it much less
traumatic for someone as terrified as  me.  I doubt I could have played doing just a
duet with  Wally...needed your back up too.  I've no idea why my mention of
your  being onstage as well, was cut from my "Impressions" in the brand-new
issue of Harmonica Happenings...I know my article had to be edited down  (and
was, enormously, to about a tenth of its size <G>)...but since  my "debut" was
the most important harmonica experience of my life so far  ...and you a major
factor, it saddens me to see your name omitted in  particular.

Elizabeth