Come check me out on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/harpsax

From: martin oldsberg <martinoldsberg@xxxxxxxxx>
The value of the distinction harmonica/harp player escapes me, unless you compare, say, a chromatic classical musician with a blues harp player; but that was not the issue here.

However, John Popper was: and it appears that every time someone says something about him this has to be framed with some kind of "excuse". This is a hamonica forum and debating the merits of John Popper must be a perpectly legitimate topic. I cannot see why he has been placed under some kind of stigma? "The harmonica player whose name I dare not mention ..." and such alike phrasings has been seen here, why?
This demand for a suffocating politeness, or political correctness if one wants to put that twist on it, is just as ridiculous as those "flamers" whose world appears to be crumbling when somebody expresses an opinion radically divergent from theirs. (I know, I received somthing akin to threats of violence in my mailbox some years ago, when I had ideas about a certain harmonica performance.) Opinions can be debated, even in relatively harsh terms, without this being an infringment on someones "personality" -- and moreover, there is a moderator here to watch over things.

From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the
Academy Awards® http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline1