[Harp-L] Lip (herpes simplex 1) sores a.k.a. harp adversity.

As a health professional I can easily wrap my mind around the hows and whys of viruses but damn: Life's been a bit challenging lately and must have zapped my immune system. A terrible sore on my lip (I'm on topical and oral medication) at a point where I have quite a few musical obligations. Anyone have any experience with chronic or recurrent lip sores and expediting recovery. And yes I know it's a pretty "gross" subject.