Re: [Harp-L] hubris

I'm sure this has been answered, but the teacher in me can't resist......

Hubris is the sin of excessive pride. The ancient Greeks considered this to
be one of the most pronounced of sins, as it is a direct insult to the gods'
power and authority.  So, if you find yourself tempted to think too highly
of yourself, overstep the expected boundaries of mortality, or, even worse,
if you feel tempted to try to outwit or outsmart the gods and / or your
fate, then the Greek gods will get you.  Eventually. Perhaps in your life,
like Oedipus, or in the afterlife, like Prometheus or Tantalus.....they'll
get you.

Um, harp content....since being on this list, I have been increasingly LESS
inclined toward Hubris.......

Mr. Taylor out.......

- Blake

On 2/5/07, John Frazer <jfrazer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>" What the he!! is hubris? > smo-joe"

I think it is like peanut butter made from garbanzo beans.

Whatever it is, don't get it caught in your reeds.(harp content-sort of)

hj