[Harp-L] Subject: New Clapton, JJCale CD in toto...to play along with...

EGS1217@xxxxxxx said-
"No idea why they're being this generous, but Clapton and Cale are allowing
anyone to listen in to all of the tracks in full (no snippets) on the brand
new CD "Road to Escondido" - it's perfect "road" music. Nice meld of
country, rock, folk, blues...what exactly can you label this? Great stuff. Lots of
choice play along songs here. Listen for the harp on Three Little Girls.
I found it wonderfully easy and enjoyable to play along with the guitar on
just about every track - mostly on my 260 chrom, but I did break out the
diatonic for a few :) Lot of fun.

 _Click here: The  Road to Escondido_
(http://www.hyfntrak.com/clapton/AFF29328/go.php)

Elizabeth"

Hi Elizabeth, and all-
This is a great album, long coming. Cale is the most wonderful Guitarist,
Musician, Songwriter, Engineer, Producer and human being. His generousity
should not surprise; allowing all to hear this music;
In his career of recorded music from over 30 years ago to the present day,
Cale has had Harmonica players on a few  of the recordings. The first was Ed
Colis, who played great on 'Naturally', the classic debut record. Anyone
know where he's at? Other Harmonicists on Cale recordings include Charlie
McCoy, Terry McMillian, Junior Markham...and me- on the Live album recorded
at Carnegie Hall.
On this new one it is Taj Mahal.  Although all the records are very guitar
oriented it is all about the music with him, he is known as a master of
groove. I cannot describe how honored and pleased I am to have played so
many gigs with John over the last 20 years or more.
Of all the well known musicians I have had the pleasure of playing with he
is the best.

If the album is purchased here a portion of the proceeds benefit Music in
the Schools Today-
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000I5X81A/therosebudage-20

After shows with Cale I have overheard many times fans say to him
"I sure like that Skynyrd song you played"...or Clapton, or Santana, Deep
Purple, Maria Muldaur, The Band etc....they didn't realize that Cale wrote them all.
He is just the finest, funniest and at the same time most serious and
excellent I've heard, and Clapton has been singing his praises for decades.
Now the collaboration is here, with the last recording of the great Billy Preston, and many other special guests.
Rock On,
Jimmy Gordon